Re: Solutions to gmem.c ENABLE_MEM_CHECK crashes

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Martin Pool wrote:

> Having my glib compiled with MEM_CHECK produces all kinds of
> interesting behaviour: this flag causes g_malloc() and friends to
> store one or two hidden fields before the block to use in profiling
> and invariant checking.  Plenty of programs try to treat g_malloc'd
> blocks as if they were malloc'd, which tends to cause them to crash
> when MEM_CHECK or MEM_PROFILE are turned on, but work fine otherwise.
>
> Programs affected include ORBit-0.3.0

That should not be so, Senor!

I know I've tested ORBit with MEM_CHECK and/or MEM_PROFILE in the past,
with no problems. Can you detail what the problems are and where they
occur (stack trace)?

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg