GDate

Hi,

Jon Trowbridge <trow@emccta.com> and I have prepared a glib-style date
calculations facility we would like to be considered for inclusion in
glib. It is in CVS under 'gdate.' We're interested in hearing any
comments on the code, etc.

We wanted to fix up any Win32 (or other) portability issues before merging
with glib; Asger (who maintains the Goose library on Windows) is looking
at this, but input is welcome. Main possible problems are localtime() and
time_t.

I was hoping to have a patch to glib ready before posting, but if glib.h
will be split up as Owen mentioned this morning my patch would break
anyway so I'd rather wait a little. Probably any big changes to the code
should happen before merging it in anyway.

Since the 'gdate' module (not the code, just its location) is sort of a
temporary hack, the build is broken - it builds the tests before the
library. So you need to make -k twice to get it to work.

Thanks,
Havoc