Re: gtk_color_selection

On 21 November, 1998 - Owen Taylor sent me these 0.9K bytes:

> Tomas Ogren <stric@ing.umu.se> writes:
> > If you use 8bit display and don't have enough free colors, the
> > gtk_color_selection will create it's own colormap, but only switch to
> > that one for a millisec or so when recieving/losing focus..
>
> This is an essentially a mis-feature in GtkPreview, which tries
> to install a different colormap for the preview window, which
> would only work if your hardware supports multiple colormaps.
>
> However, things will work properly if you do:
>
>  gtk_widget_push_colormap (gdk_rgb_get_colormap());
>  gtk_widget_push_visual (gdk_rgb_get_visual());
>
> before creating the colorsel. Take a look at testgtk.

Uh.. It's (among others) testgtk that's flashing.. 8/
I've tested showing onto an AIX-display as well, so it's not Xsun's
fault..

Seems like it tries to change to the correct colormap, then reverts to
the default.. just enough to flash annoyingly... This happens when the
color-sel is about to recieve/lose focus..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå