Re: gtk_color_selection

Tomas Ogren <stric@ing.umu.se> writes:

> I thought this was a known thing, but I'm starting to wonder...
>
> If you use 8bit display and don't have enough free colors, the
> gtk_color_selection will create it's own colormap, but only switch to
> that one for a millisec or so when recieving/losing focus..
>
> Makes stuff flash and look _very_ bad..

This is an essentially a mis-feature in GtkPreview, which tries
to install a different colormap for the preview window, which
would only work if your hardware supports multiple colormaps.

However, things will work properly if you do:

 gtk_widget_push_colormap (gdk_rgb_get_colormap());
 gtk_widget_push_visual (gdk_rgb_get_visual());

before creating the colorsel. Take a look at testgtk.