Fileselection Widget

Hi,

Has anybody been working on the fileselection widget lately?
I would like to improve the usability of this dialog.

I think especially of the following:
- replace the Directory List and the "History" Bar by a TreeList
  e.g.:
  /
  - /usr
    - /local
      + /netscape
      + /lib

  I think it is redundant to have a directroy list with ".." and a
  directory "history". Ok, perhaps not redundant but it could be placed in
  the same place.

- an icon for fast accessing the home directory
  - (or/and) replace the directory "history" by "recent" or "common" dirs

- add a filter possibility (e.g. "*.c")

- file name completion:

- Although I like TAB very much in a shell, I see a problem here:
When "tabbing" through the controls of the dialog one ends in the entry
widget.
- Further I can't see why only the possible completions are listed in the
file list instead of scrolling the list to that possition.
- Is it a great performance problem to make the completions after every
keystroke?

Comments?

Greetings Michael
--