Re: glib updates

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 12:33:54PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> Also, makedistcheck doesn't even come _close_ on gtk.  For some reason
> that I can't figure out the gtk source files aren't added to the gtk+
> tar.
>
> libgtk_la_SOURCES isn't being added to SOURCES until after SOURCES is
> referenced as part of DISTFILES.  Can anyone figure out why this is?  I
> can't.  In the meantime it's really hosing it up.
>
> --Chris

'make distcheck' has a high probability of failure in GTK+ due to
the documentation stuff anyway.  I use 'make release' which does
some additional work.  There is also 'make snapshot' which should
work as well, although I haven't used it.  I will make sure it works
if you have a use for it.

'dist-hook' doesn't run at the correct time to do what I needed to
do when preparing the docs for distribution, so making 'make dist'
work seems like a lot of pain with zero gain.

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking