Re: Force liststore to update when leaving treeview

On 02/12/2019 11:32 AM, Mike Martin via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
Is this possible?
Yes. I did this a while back, but would need to find an archive to provide you with exact code.

I have a (for example) a grid which contains
Various action widgets
And a Treeview based on a liststore

Is there any way to make sure that the changes made to a cell in the
liststore are "committed" if I click on one of the other widgets

I cant find anything to do this and if I leave the cell without pressing
enter or clicking on another cell, all changes are lost
Connect to the GtkCellRenderer "editing-started" signal. In that callback, you will have an GtkEntry (GtkCellEditable) object. Connect to the Entry's "changed" signal and keep a permanent string around with the text the user is typing. Also preserve the path and column being edited (obtained with "editing-started").

Also connect to GtkCellRenderer "editing-canceled" signal. In this callback, use the path, column, and text you retained from "editing-started", and update the ListStore.

thanks

Mike