Re: GTK3 + gnuplot

That would be awkward in gnuplot--you'd have to create the plot and then load it as a pixmap or some such.  But there's a utility call plplot that's designed to be embedded in other applications and it might work better.

https://tschoonj.github.io/blog/2015/07/05/embedding-plplot-in-gtk-drawingareas/

and

https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/mailman/message/26169132/

might help.