How to get GtkNotebook tab padding?

Hi,What's the correct way to get the tab padding of a GtkNotebook widget?  It's easy enough to set them, but
I'm not sure how to get those values back?
My custom gtk.css file with:notebook tab {    padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
}
I've tried many incantations, including this without success:// Assume I have GtkWidgetPath path and
GtkStyleContext contextgtk_widget_path_append_type(path, GTK_TYPE_NOTEBOOK);
gtk_style_context_set_path(context, path);gtk_style_context_add_class(context, "tab");

GtkBorder padding;gtk_style_context_get_padding(context, GTK_STATE_FLAG_NORMAL, &padding);

Thanks for your help.