GtkTreeRowReference and Drag-and-Drop

I've implemented a treeview in my application, which has drag-and-drop
enabled to allow re-ordering of the rows. To support tree model updates
while the user is performing dnd operations, I also have
GtkTreeRowReferences for each row in the model (the model will not have too
many rows).

However, when I move a row during model update, the tree row reference for
that row become invalid after the row-deleted signal handler is processed.
What is strange is that, according to the documentation, it seem that this
is exactly what GtkTreeRowReference is supposed to handle. Shouldn't the
reference be updated to point to the new row? Why would the reference
become invalid if I've *moved* the model row instead of deleted it? The row
still exists just at a different place.

Can someone please clarify this?
Thank you