Re: That reminds me -- is there a signal that can be used when mouse over mainwin titlebar?

On Wed, 2018-09-26 at 18:52 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
All,

Thanks to the other "is there a signal?" question, that reminded me I
have been looking for a signal (or way) to detect when the user has
the mouse over  the titlebar of the main window in an editor where I
would like to activate a tooltip showing the absolute path for the
file in the currently focused textview. I just cannot find a signal
or event window scheme to do it
--
probably because the main window titlebar is owned by the window
manager and not the application. But still, I see other editors that

  Is there any such signal, or something that can be used in
conjunction with
the set_window_title call that would also provide a tooltip on
mouseover I could respond to?

In the specific case of Client Side Decorations (CSD), like in Gnome,
applications can use GtkHeaderBar, where you can set a tooltip.

In Evince we do that for a similar use case you mention. A GtkHeaderBar
can have a title and subtitle. In the subtitle we present the filename
(basename), but you can get the full path through the tooltip.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/