Re: compiling glade

On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 19:13 +0100, arkkimede wrote:
Thank You Tristan for Your Kindness.
Unfortunately, this new release of Glade require libgtk-3.20.0 and in
my linuxbox Ubuntu 16.04 I have only 3.18.0.
The 3.20.0 is present in Ubuntu 17 but this release is not stable
enough to start to work with it.

Thank you in any case.

Ok, in that case, I recommend the following:

Follow instructions to install BuildStream, better to follow the wiki
page here:

    https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/BuildSystemComponent

Or directly:

    http://buildstream.gitlab.io/buildstream/install.html
    (pay attention to the system requirements, the debian
    instructions should be close to ubuntu)

Then once you have installed BuildStream, do the following:

# Get the build metadata repo
#
$ git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta.git

# Build Glade
#
$ bst build --track-all world/glade.bst

# Run Glade, note the --mount option just makes your /home available
# in the shell, so you can edit files in your home dir.
#
$ bst shell --mount /home /home world/glade.bst

... this will drop you into a shell, where you can run `glade` ...

This will take a bunch of your disk space, and may take a long time the
first time around, because we dont have a regular builder contributing
to the shared artifact cache *yet*.

However, so long as BuildStream can be installed on Ubuntu 16.04, it
should get you glade from git master reliably.

Cheers,
    -Tristan