Re: background color for GtkTreeView

Hi Stefan,

that does seem to do the trick. Seems rather unfortunate though to set
it by manually. I was hoping there's at least a predefined theme color
variable anywhere to put in here.

Thank you.

Am Samstag, den 10.03.2018, 15:38 +0100 schrieb Stefan Salewski:
On Sat, 2018-03-10 at 14:26 +0100, codemusings gmail com wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to change the background-color of a GtkTreeView by
adding
css provider with the following style set:

    treeview { background-color: #fffae1; }

Unfortunately this has the effect that the row selection color
changes
from the default blue to this particular background color as well.

Note that I'm aware that I can change the background color of
individual rows. However, I want to change the color of the entire
widget including the whitespace.

I can't figure out how to prevent the row selection color from
changing
as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GTK3?

grep -C3 "treeview.view.selected" .config/gtk-3.0/gtk-default.css
    -GtkTreeView-tree-line-width: 1;
    -GtkTreeView-tree-line-pattern: '';
    -GtkTreeView-expander-size: 16; }
  treeview.view:selected:focus, treeview.view:selected {
    border-radius: 0; }
  treeview.view:selected:backdrop, treeview.view:selected {
    border-left-color: #a5c8ec;
    border-top-color: rgba(46, 52, 54, 0.1); }
  treeview.view:disabled {
--
textview text selection:focus,
textview text selection, flowbox flowboxchild:selected,

I assume that after changing complete background, you have to set
background for selected again. Above #4a90d9 looks like that color.
You
have to find out how to do it exactly yourself.