GtkTextBuffer : Applying tags to newly input text

Hi all,

I'm working on a GtkTextBuffer subclass that needs to apply tags to to
newly inserted text.  I've tried all sort of tricks to make this happen
automatically, but I am coming up short.

Basically the GtkTextView is editable and I'm trying to allow the user to
set a format and then start typing. I've tried to apply a tag from the iter
of the insertion mark to the end of the buffer and have any newly inserted
text have that tag applied.  However, my attempts at doing this have been
nothing but failures.

I believe this is possible because if I start typing in the middle of an
already applied tag the newly inserted text has that tag applied and all of
the existing text retains the tag.

I've played around a bit with additional marks and their gravity but
haven't had any success there either.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--
Gary Kramlich <grim reaperworld com>