Re: Scrolling a GtkTreeview cell

There's no supporting for scrolling one cell! But If I'm not wrong, the
string value you put in the right column is a very long text, isn't it? And
you want a solution for seeing the text in the limited view, don't you?
Okay! We can make the text rendering in that way by 2 steps:

1) For a detailed view, you should open/download a gtk-demo (gtk3 in my
case), then you scroll to 'Tree View' -> 'Editable Cell', try to click and
edit any cell under the Column called Product. Now you can see a
GtkCellRendererText can be editable
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/unstable/GtkCellRendererText.html#GtkCellRendererText--editable>
(TRUE/FALSE) default: FALSE.

2) The Right Column of yours can be set a limited width characters
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkTreeViewColumn.html#gtk-tree-view-column-get-max-width>
which will not show more if the input text is reached out the limited. But
in your case, you should see ellipsize property
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkCellRendererText.html#GtkCellRendererText--ellipsize>
value: PANGO_ELLIPSIZE_NONE, so you should choose one of options
<https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-Layout-Objects.html#PANGO-ELLIPSIZE-NONE:CAPS>.

Note: You can read the very long text by double clicking into any cell
under your second/right column! Or if you don't want the way, you should
make another GtkCellRender_Private which can be scrolled.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 5:53 PM, Kian Karas <kian karas dev gmail com>