Re: GtkShortcutsWindow how to

Thanks a lot! It works!

Searching is simple, it is about adding section to window. All what is
in section when you add section to window is searchable. So simple fix
is append section to window at and of your on-startup function :-)

Ondra

V Tue, 09 Jan 2018 15:43:02 +0200
'-' <makepost firemail cc> napsáno:

Hello,

See object hierarchy on the documentation page. GtkShortcutsWindow
inherits from GtkContainer, suggesting you treat it like a regular
box. UI data files are good for examples, because you immediately see
the widget hierarchy, which can be hard to follow in flat code. Here
is how you can "translate" a part of the example shortcuts window UI:

```javascript
#!/usr/bin/gjs

const {
   Application,
   ShortcutsGroup,
   ShortcutsSection,
   ShortcutsShortcut,
   ShortcutsWindow
} = imports.gi.Gtk;

imports.gi.Gtk.init(null);

const application = new Application();

/** @type {ApplicationWindow} */
let win;

application.connect("startup", () => {
   win = new ShortcutsWindow({ application });

   const editor = new ShortcutsSection();
   editor.title = "Editor shortcuts"; // Used in header.
   editor.visible = true; // Seems required here.
   win.add(editor);

   const doc = new ShortcutsGroup();
   doc.title = "Document";
   editor.add(doc);

   const create = new ShortcutsShortcut();
   create.accelerator = "<ctrl>n";
   create.title = "Create new document";
   doc.add(create);

   const open = new ShortcutsShortcut();
   open.accelerator = "<ctrl>o";
   open.title = "Open a document";
   doc.add(open);
});

application.connect("activate", () => {
   win.show_all();
});

application.run(ARGV);
```

I don't know though, how to get search to work in this. Please share
the setup if you succesfully implement it in your window!

Cheers,
Makepost