line-wrapped and ellipsized in GtkCellRendererText

Dear gtk-devs,

I am using a GtkCellRendererText for a cell, and I want to have the text
in this cell be line-wrapped and ellipsized if it is longer than 3 lines.

- It works fine to set the property "wrap-mode" to e.g.
PANGO_WRAP_WORD_CHAR

- It works fine to set the property "ellipsize" to e.g. PANGO_ELLIPSIZE_END

- But it seems not to work at all to use both properties at the same time.

The gnome wiki tells me that it is possible to have the desired behavior
for labels using "gtk_label_set_lines":
https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/Labels by

However a GtkCellRendererText seems not to have any property to set the
number of lines.

So is it possible to have "line-wrapped + ellipsized" at all when using
a GtkCellRendererText ?

Thanks & Cheers,

Alex