Drawing and mouse in GTK HiDPI aware app (Xorg/Wayland)

Hello,
my GTK application draws some bitmaps on a GtkDrawingArea, and receives mouse position events from the same widget (or its container widget). The application is running in a 2x HiDPI scaled desktop, so when the GtkDrawingArea has a logical size of WxH pixel, it's really taking 2*Wx2*H pixels on the physical screen.

In this situation I can see that both cairo_*() coordinates and GtkEventMotion/GtkEventButton mouse events for the widgets are all scaled 2x, so I can have compatibility with unscaled displays. Good.

But now I would like to make my application HiDPI aware and take full advantage of real screen resolution: I'm unable to find a simple way/example to totally disable scaling for both cairo_*() and and mouse position events, only for my widget (GtkDrawingArea or GtkWidget).

Is it possible to disable HiDPI scaling? Or I'm taking the wrong approach?

Thank you