Re: GtkSource.PrintCompositor: How to possible printing plain text documents without lost blank lines and indentations?

Hi Eric,

Unfortunatelly I only possible testing the printed PDF output with pdftotext command and Orca screen reader, because I entire not seeing the screen.
I looked the test program generated pdf output.
When I converted the test file with pdftotext test.pdf -layout command, the .txt file I seeing following output:
"alma

       1"

When I converting without the --layout switch, I seeing following output:
"alma

1"

For example, an a4 paper size braille output fit only 28 lines, and the maximum line length is 32 characters. The hungarian user future possible setting smaller maximum line numbers in the application.

If an user printing future the yesterday attached text with a Braille printer, the page format need looking following if the maximum lines/page length is 28 lines: The first line before the alma word need have two spaces. Usual, in hungarian braille the paragraphs first line always need indenting with two spaces. When have a title with a Braille document, the title texts is indented with more spaces.

After this, the next 26 lines is blank, so need move down the paper if have a blank line. Final, the last line now have 31 space characters, and the last 1 number the 32 TH character. This situation the 1 number need have the last row bottom right corner of the 28TH line.

I sending you an example english grade1 Braille file.
When you loading this file your test program (simple paste the text file, you see the paragraphs first line indented with two spaces, and the last line indented with 30 spaces.
This sent file have two paragraphs.

LiblouisUTDML file2brl command generating this standard braille documents.

So, if the GNOME PrintOperation object allows, the text output should be sent unchanged without the Cairo and Pango publishers cutting blank lines and already doed indentations. I think this form is called raw output when printing happening.

You will be seeing, Liblouis UTDML already putted the page break character with end of the page (U+000C character).

Attila