Re: Static library with Gtk 3

While we don't actively disable static builds, we're also not really
using them, or testing them. This typically means that doing static
builds of GTK (and its dependencies) is discouraged, or at least that
you're basically on your own.

To be fair, there's literally no reason whatsoever to do a static
build; this is not 1983. You're going to waste more resources (loading
time, storage space) doing a static build of everything, these days.

My strong suggestion is to simply ship your application in a bundled
archive that replicates the file system layout that GTK expects,
alongside a launcher that sets up the execution environment by
modifying PATH, linker paths, and environment variables such as
XDG_DATA_DIRS and friends; then, distribute your application that way.
If you're using Linux, I strongly recommend you look at Flatpak:
https://flatpak.org

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

On 29 November 2017 at 21:57, Мариано Гаудикс