Re: How to find CSS style syntax changes between Gtk 3.12 and Gtk 3.22

On 7 May 2017 at 16:52, Richard Shann <richard rshann plus com> wrote:
I have a test program that pops up a label with a customized background
and foreground color. This works in 3.12 using the syntax

"GtkLabel {background-color: #FFFF00;}"

and

"GtkLabel {color: #FF00FF;}"

but fails in 3.22

The selector for labels is "label" since GTK+ 3.20.

How can I track changes needed to CSS syntax from one version to another
in the documentation (mostly I struggle to find the correct syntax :( )

The CSS selectors and classes for widgets and widget components were
not stable, or documented, until GTK+ 3.20, while themeing features
were still a work in progress driven by the requirements of theme
authors; starting from GTK+ 3.22, the 3.x series is now feature
frozen, and both the selectors and classes are considered API stable:

  https://blog.gtk.org/2016/09/01/versioning-and-long-term-stability-promise-in-gtk/

Each GTK+ widget class has its own styling documentation, for instance:

  https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkLabel.html#id-1.3.8.2.10.3

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--