Re: Does gtk2 provide a case 'in'-sensitive text search via 'gtk_text_iter_..._search'?

On 02/23/2017 12:53 PM, cecashon aol com wrote:

Hi David,

    I tried out gtkedit and it compiled and worked fine. Did a few searches
and it found the words.
    When I compiled I got a few warnings like the following.

gtk_common_dlg.c: In function ‘err_dialog’:
gtk_common_dlg.c:8:9: warning: format not a string literal and no format
arguments [-Wformat-security]
         g_warning (errmsg); /* log to terminal window */

I don't know if they are coming up on your computer but they are easy ones to fix.
     Are you going to give finding ligatures and accents a try? I am not very
good with languages, stuck with English, but it is pretty interesting how
things are put together with UTF-8 to allow for all different types of
characters in languages.

Eric

Hey Eric,

  Thanks for trying the editor. What that means is whatever was sent to the
err_dialog function was not a string literal (meaning the text the error
dialog was supposed to display wasn't text after all). I'll take a look.

  Go ahead and pull a fresh copy of the gtkedit (now renamed gtkwrite) code. I
have the Makefile set to compile 'gtkedit' by default (without GtkSourceView)
and it will build 'gtkwrite' if the -DWGTKSOURCEVIEW2 definition is passed to
make through the 'with' parameter.

e.g to build gtkedit, just type make:

  $ make

to build gtkwrite use make with=-DWGTKSOURCEVIEW2, e.g

  $ make with=-DWGTKSOURCEVIEW2

You can clone a copy:

  git clone https://github.com/drankinatty/gtkwrite.git

  I've added to the README. Just let me know if you find anything else, or
drop a bug on github.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.