Gtk+2 Textview, (editor) compiled on Windows and 'i' interpreted as 'ctrl+i' (indent)?

All,

  This is a bizarre issue. I have a small editor written in gtk+2 (with
optional build w/gktsourceview) It builds and runs without issue on Linux.
I've built it on windows (and it builds without issue), but when running the
editor, if I type and 'i' in the text view window, it 'indents' the paragraph
as if `ctrl+i` were pressed. Strangely, if I inter 'I' (shift+i), the
paragraph unindents. In either case no 'i' or 'I" ever makes it to the
textview buffer. Huh?

  The menu accelerator is set to use 'ctrl+i` for indent and 'ctrl+shift+i` to
unindent. The menu and accelerator (in gtk_menu.c) is as follows:

    /* define tools menu */
    toolsMi = gtk_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic ("_Tools");
    sep = gtk_separator_menu_item_new ();
    indentMi = gtk_image_menu_item_new_from_stock (GTK_STOCK_INDENT,
                                                  NULL);
    gtk_menu_item_set_label (GTK_MENU_ITEM (indentMi), "Incr_ease Indent");
    unindentMi = gtk_image_menu_item_new_from_stock (GTK_STOCK_UNINDENT,
                                                  NULL);
    /* create entries under 'Tools' then add to menubar */
    gtk_menu_item_set_submenu (GTK_MENU_ITEM (toolsMi), toolsMenu);
    gtk_menu_shell_append (GTK_MENU_SHELL (toolsMenu), sep);
    gtk_menu_shell_append (GTK_MENU_SHELL (toolsMenu), indentMi);
    gtk_menu_shell_append (GTK_MENU_SHELL (toolsMenu), unindentMi);
    gtk_menu_shell_append (GTK_MENU_SHELL (toolsMenu),
                           gtk_separator_menu_item_new());
    gtk_widget_add_accelerator (indentMi, "activate", mainaccel,
                                GDK_KEY_i, GDK_CONTROL_MASK, GTK_ACCEL_VISIBLE);
    gtk_widget_add_accelerator (unindentMi, "activate", mainaccel,
                                GDK_KEY_i, GDK_CONTROL_MASK | GDK_SHIFT_MASK,
                                GTK_ACCEL_VISIBLE);

  There is no other keypress_handler intercepting keys other than the default
handler. I can't for the life of my figure out what in the menu accelerator
could be causing every 'i' to be interpreted as 'ctrl+i'. Has anyone seen
similar behavior? The gtk windows binaries are from gnome.org/downloads, e.g.

https://download.gnome.org/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.24/gtk+-bundle_2.24.10-20120208_win32.zip

https://download.gnome.org/binaries/win32/gtksourceview/2.10/gtksourceview-2.10.0.zip

https://download.gnome.org/binaries/win32/gtksourceview/2.10/gtksourceview-dev-2.10.0.zip
  http://xmlsoft.org/sources/win32/libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip

  compiled with MinGW gcc and the above.

  Any ideas? Let me know if I can send any additional information.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.