Re: recommendations for new laptop as existing one could crash.

Has anyone tried macbook air with fedora?

As macbook air specs, cost look good.

Cheers,
Karan

On 5 Jun 2017 17:45, "Karan Ahuja" <karan26 ahuja gmail com> wrote:

hi guys ,

I am new to gtk app development but excited about it.

I am currently using dell inspiron with ubuntu 16.04 and all is ok.

However - I had purchased this laptop computer in 2010.
so i am fearful that it could crash.
also currently at startup - i always have to remove the battery and rub it
against a piece of cloth about 30 times and immediately insert it.
if i do not do this - the computer does not start :)
This needs to be done 60 percent of the startup times.
This is embrassing in a co working space.

So i was thinking to upgrade to a new laptop and gradually phase out the
existing one.
Could you guys working on gtk+ recommend a good laptop and operating
system.

I am looking for good hardware to develop gtk apps.

I shall look forward to your replies to make the acquisition :)

Thanks and best regards ,
Karan