Re: Should a GtkFileFilter be freed or not?

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Lars Paulsen <lars_paulsen web de> wrote:
Hello All,

I got a simple question about the GtkFileFilter:

Do I need to free it myself after the dialog I used it in has finished?
Or is gtk_widget_destroy(dialog) doing that for me?

The latter-ish. GtkFileFilter is a GInitiallyUnowned, which means when
you attach it to the file chooser widget, it will assume ownership of
the file filter and unref it for you at the end of its life.

Refer to the Floating References section of the documentation here:
https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/stable/gobject-The-Base-Object-Type.html

-Andrew Walton

Best Regards,
Lars