Re: gtk3 and fork/exec of non-gtk child

Hi Roger,

I put together a test example of GSubprocess. It starts Gnuplot, sets up the pipes and callbacks, and then when Gnuplot is done it opens the graph in an image widget. The GSubprocess will take care of the file
descripters for you. ...

https://github.com/cecashon/OrderedSetVelociRaptor/blob/master/Misc/Pipes/gnuplot5.c

This might not be what you are looking for since it is a little higher level than using a spawn function but there are a lot of things set up with GSubprocess that make it worth consideration. Options. You can do some nice plotting with GTK+ and Gnuplot also.

Eric

Thank you very, very much, Eric! I will definitely take a look at that.

Roger

PS: I think you submitted this to the wrong thread by mistake (I just opened a second topic on this list), so I am replying in the correct thread instead.