Re: want to capture a mouse click in an Entry

Thanks Norbert, your solution works for me.

For whatever reason, i do not seem to have to grab the focus, although
maybe i'm subtly degrading conformance to some expected behavior.  I'm
too dense to see what it is, though.

Also, for me, the name "button-press-event" works just as well as
"button_press_event", though maybe one is preferred over the other for
whatever reason.

Anyhow, thanks again, because i certainly was stuck before.

dan

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Norbert de Jonge