Re: Does gtk2 provide a case 'in'-sensitive text search via 'gtk_text_iter_..._search'?

 David,

I asked a question about this on the gtk-devel-list

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2017-January/msg00018.html

last month. A lot I didn't know about this. For UTF-8 it is a bit complicated even for English. For GTK's
case in-sensitive search they use a casefold function and a normalizing function. This way you can do a case
in-sensitive search on strings with ligatures and accents. If you are just sticking with asci english chars
then just converting and comparing case should work. There is a bit more to it though for UTF-8 and unicode
chars.

I worked on this a little bit so that I could understand it better. My last attempt was

https://github.com/cecashon/OrderedSetVelociRaptor/blob/master/Misc/Csamples/search_textbuffer4.c

The GTK developers are working on GTK4. GTK3.22 should be stable for 3. GTK2 or 3 is fine with me.

Eric