Re: Removing entries from EntryCompletion

Is seems to me that the easiest way for the user to
indicate to the GUI that a particular suggestion
should be removed would be via the delete button
whilst that suggestion is highlighted.

As soon as you click anywhere outside the area with suggestions
(matching entries), the overview of suggestions disappears. This means
that users can never hover over a suggestion to highlight it and then
press a delete button. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you have in
mind.

Anyway, why not add a button to open a completely new window that allows
users to remove suggestions from a tree view. This should also allow
them to remove multiple entries at once. Another, lazier solution,
could be to add a delete button that will delete the suggestion
matching what's currently in the entry.

Something else that may or may not be possible, is add a
g_signal_connect (entry, "key_press_event", G_CALLBACK (Delete), NULL);
and then check in Delete()
if (strcmp (gdk_keyval_name (event->key.keyval), "Delete") == 0)
and if that's the case, somehow obtain the active suggestion.
The problem here is that a GtkEntryCompletion only contains only
private data. At least, I think.
I tried using
selection = gtk_tree_view_get_selection (GTK_TREE_VIEW
(completion->priv->tree_view_proposals));
to get a selection, but this doesn't seem to work.

Best regards,
Norbert