Re: Gtk+2 Clipboard - handling EOL better on paste or copy/cut?

On 07/31/2017 02:05 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
  Does this approach sound reasonable, or like one I'll spend 1/2 day coming
to regret?

It was... something to regret (but was solved without regret...)

  I decided to write the conversion routine first -- it answered the question.
You don't care what format the cut/copy/paste end-of-line is. You simply
handle the conversion on file-save, or run though the range of lines after
paste providing the conversion 'in-buffer' on a per-paste basis. Much simpler.

(Win32 builds need the conversion on a per-paste basis due to the way
'indention' is handled, on Linux/Unix you can just do a one-time conversion on
save)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.