Re: Combobox focus event

Thomas,

Your original question looked easy. Connect the "focus-in-event" to the combo box and everything will work
fine. The "focus-in-event" works with other widgets. So I tried it out. Couldn't get it to work. Tried
changing some combo box functions around and still couldn't get it to work. So I looked at the GTK source
code for the combo box to see if I could understand the problem a little better. I saw a toggle button in the
private structure so I gave that a try. That is as far as I got.

Don't use private variables in your application code. They are private for a reason. The toggle button needs
to work a certain way for the combo box to work. If there is a possible bug that you need to get a better
look at, then you need to start digging into the private structure to figure out what is going on and why
something isn't working as expected. Also look at previous bug reports. If you get everything figured out and
it is a bug then file a bug report.

As part of the discussion, if someone knows an easy way to connect the  "focus-in-event" with the combo box,
say so.

Eric