Re: How to get objecttype

Hi

You might want to use G_OBJECT_TYPE() or G_OBJECT_TYPE_NAME() take care
that the appriopriate get_type() function is called else the type
won't be found.

GType button_type;

gtk_button_get_type()
button_type = g_type_from_name("GtkButton");

g_object_new(button_type,
                     "label", "my button",
                      NULL);

Bests,