GtkPopMenu what happen to the GtkMenuItem elements after popup

Hello world !

thanks in advance for taking the time to read this,
I have a pop up menu that contains elements generated is some other
parts of the code and that I just want to display in this menu when it
pops up (on right click), with GTK2 I used to unparent the GtkMenuItem(s)
and insert them back in the new menu. However this does not
work with GTK3, well actually it does the first time the menu pops up, but then
fails later on, so it seems to me that all the sub-elements of the menu are
destroyed (including the GtkMenuItemns I have stored in memory) after the first popup ... am I right ?
If yes, is there anyway to prevent this ?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Best regards.

Sébastien

Dr. Sébastien Le Roux
Ingénieur de Recherche CNRS
Institut de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg
Département des Matériaux Organiques
23, rue du Loess
BP 43
F-67034 Strasbourg Cedex 2, France
E-mail: sebastien leroux ipcms unistra fr
Webpage: http://www.ipcms.unistra.fr/?page_id=14965&lang=en
RINGS project: http://rings-code.sourceforge.net/
ISAACS project: http://isaacs.sourceforge.net/
Fax:   +33 3 88 10 72 46