Re: GtkEntry placeholder in GTK2

Hi,

Le 14/11/2016 à 14:30, Gabriele Greco a écrit :
I know GTK 3.2+ has a nice gtk_entry_set_placeholder_text() method, but I'm
wondering if there is some clever method to do something similar with GTK2,
I've not found anything googling around, but placeholder texts are a so
common interface concept today that I doubt that someone has not yet
"emulated" it in gtk2...

I wrote something like that ages ago, you can find it there:
https://github.com/b4n/gvg/blob/master/src/gvg-entry.c

I haven't touched this for ages though, but IIRC it worked nicely.

Hope it helps,
Colomban