GAction fine, but not finished

Hi all,

last days, I was play with GTK+ 3 in python. I make aplication for
editing reStructuredText, MarkDown and HTML with live preview:
https://github.com/ondratu/formiko

So, i start use GAction, which looks great, but by time, i found some
shortcomings. I'm not sure with destination this mail, but here could
be enough GTK+ developers.

Missing Action Helper class
  GAction behavior is great idea. Somewhere in application, there could
  be action, and someone element (Widget or System menu item) could
  activate it, optionally with some data. But there is no support
  class, or widget method, which could help programmer to activate
  action someone in application. So I use hack in Formiko, when i get
  top_level_window for win prefixed action, or next get_application for
  app prefixed action. If i want to use my own action groups ... So
  I don't need actions now :-(

Default states from action
  Many (probably all) widgets could get states from stateful actions,
  but there is bug, so sometime radio buttons activate another radio
  button in group, when that is active, but it should not be. (GTK+
  3.14.5 in Debian Jessie)

No different between activate and change-state
  I expect, that if radio button group change state, i got only new
  state - mistake :-( So radio buttons activate / set state on actions,
  when change it's state from active to not active too.

Missing automatic check button action states
  It could be so nice, if check button or switch could send it's
  activate state to boolean stateful action.

Missing signal connection to action from widgets
  That's great when widgets set it's state from action at probably
  realize time, but they not track action state. So if somewhere in
  application, is two sources for stateful action, they don't refresh
  own states.

I home, that my comments will be considered at least.
Thanks a lot

--
Ondřej Tůma <mcbig zeropage cz>
www: http://ipv6.mcbig.cz   jabber: mcbig jabber cz   twitter: mcbig_cz