Re: Corrupt GDK_DESTROY event

Hi;

On 16 January 2016 at 01:36, Matthew Allen <memecode gmail com> wrote:
I'm developing applications based on a widget library called LGI:
https://github.com/memecode/Lgi

The Linux back end uses GTK2 and I'm having trouble with the GDK_DESTROY
event being corrupt by the time it reaches my application.

There is no such thing as a "GDK_DESTROY" event.

In GWindow::Attach I setup a the signal handler:

        GView *i = this;

        g_signal_connect(    G_OBJECT(Wnd),
                            "destroy",
                            G_CALLBACK(GtkViewCallback),
                            i);

As you may notice from the "destroy" signal, the callback signature is:

    void (* destroy) (GtkObject *widget, gpointer user_data);

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/GtkObject.html#GtkObject-destroy

So you're literally looking at your user data.

You should look at the API reference for the description and signature
of a signal before connecting a callback to it.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io