Re: Place window at bottom left

I find that the window manager (I'm using Cinnamon) will move the window
if the bottom overlaps a taskbar.

On Tue, 2016-01-05 at 00:25 +0100, rastersoft wrote:
Hi all:

I want to place a window at the bottom-left part of the screen. The
first idea is to get the screen resolution and substract the window
size; unfortunately, desktops can have taskbars, so the desktop size is
always smaller than the physical resolution.

How can I do that? How can I get the desktop size, after removing the
space used by taskbars?

Thanks.