Re: Widgets not updating until you move the cursor

Hello Franco,
This all seems like a pretty bad bug but it's been around for quite a long time (to my knowledge) and I've never found any reference in searches I've done about it so either people know about it and have been ignoring it, ie not a show stopper just annoying, or else it only effects a limited number of people, which is why I asked the question.
I'm just as surprised as you are, because I've known the effect in the Gtk 3 version of Gramps for about a year or so, already, primarily on Windows, but also on Linux Mint.

You did not mention your video card, but my PCs (desktop and laptop) have nVidia cards, and I use the latest nVidia drivers in Windows, and on my desktop in Linux too. On my laptop, where I type this right now, I still run Linux Mint 17.3 with the standard open source driver, but I will try to replace that with the recommended nVidia one, and see how that influences the icon refresh.

I'll let you all know in a few minutes, and then also tell the Gtk version used.

cheers,

Enno