Re: gtk_print_operation_run hang

Ok some new information. There is an incompatibility with g_idle_add
and printing. I'm using g_idle_add for my own callback elsewhere in
the application, and if I comment that out the printing starts
working. What I think is happening is that the call to:

priv->print_pages_idle_id = gdk_threads_add_idle_full
(G_PRIORITY_DEFAULT_IDLE + 10,
                                     print_pages_idle,
                                     data,
                                     print_pages_idle_done);

Doesn't work correctly if the application has previously called
g_idle_add itself. The question now is, how do I get these two things
to co-exist peacefully? Maybe I should be using one of the
gdk_threads_* functions for my own on idle functionality.

"Read the source Luke" ha

Seeing as I have the symbols installed and the source unpacked in my
downloads folder, I symlink'd the location that the symbols use to the
location where the GTK source actually is on my disk... and now I can
step into the GTK code in the debugger... and even set breakpoints in
GTK functions. How novel.