Re: Help with modal dialog

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 10:07:50AM -0400, Matt Postiff wrote:
I have a working dialog that displays a system log file in "real time"
in my gtk2 Windows/Linux app. It is modal.

What I want to do is make it non-modal so it can float off to the side
of my app and always be visible while I work in the app.

I have tried to gtk_window_set_modal to FALSE and also set <property
name="modal">False</property> in the gtkbuilder xml.

A snippet of the code and xml is at http://pastebin.com/mACPZP85

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.

How are you displaying that dialog?  Your code snipped doesn't include
that part.  Make sure you don't use gtk_dialog_run().  Use
gtk_widget_show() or gtk_widget_show_all() (whichever is appropriate)
and return to the main loop.

Marius Gedminas
--
We have an advanced scalable groupware communication environment (email)
        -- Alan Cox