Re: Re[2]: argv

1) The initial handling of argc and argv are not done by your
application but
by the linker.
Incorrect. The linker has nothing to do with argc and argv.

2) In C, argc and argv are on the stack, ready to be used, but not
necessarily
in assemblers
Yes and no :) It depends on what the start-up routine if any does
before calling main.

Are you linking in the C run-time start up. Under gcc this is crt0.o
and it is this which sets up the arguments for main() and other book
keeping before calling it.

In fact main() is not the starting point for any application and that
includes C.

There is no need for argc and argv to use gtk_init(). You can just pass
null pointers.

You obviously know absolutely nothing about system assembly language
programming, yet you are offering advice to people about it as if you
were an
expert? You shouldn't even be in this forum offering advice on things
you know
nothing about, so I am not responding to you anymore. You can BS some
of the
people some of the time, but you can't BS all the people all the
time.
Now that is not nice. :( Yes I do know assembly language (several of
them) but it is not my first choice of language for doing any
programming unless it is very low level which the high level language
can not do such as switching privileges or very tight loops that need
to be very fast but even that may have minimal to zero gain over a high
level language. Those parts will only be a tiny part of an application.

Your problem has nothing to do with GTK or any other graphical tool
kit. It is all about how the application is started. Without knowing
how you are linking your application and with what, all we can do is
guess (or try to mind read) what you are doing.

If you can provide information on how you are linking your objects and
in what order then I may be able to spot where the error is. The best
would be the full linker command.

Got grade F in mind reading skills at Hogwarts.