Re: GTK3 on Windows 8.1: Touch Events Problem

On Sat, 2015-09-26 at 19:15 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi;

GTK 3.6 is not the latest version for Windows. We don't provide
binary
packages any more, but you can use the MSYS2 project to get a build
of the
latest stable version of GTK - one that is not hopelessly out of date
like
3.6, which was released 3.5 years ago.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

I have the strong feeling that most people think that 3.6 is the latest
supported version for Windows. And they are very disappointed.

You may know that I was working on the Nim Bindings for GTK3, see
https://github.com/StefanSalewski?tab=repositories

Recently I got this:

https://github.com/StefanSalewski/nim-gtk3/issues/3

I told that man from China that versions of GTK3 > 3.6 may be available
for windows. But it seems what they see is 3.6 as binary only.

I got more such report. Can not really help, because I am using Linux
only currently.

Maybe that MSYS2 project should be made more visible for Windows users.
Most windows users seem to be using binaries only, and are afraid when
something is not binary.