Re: Non-editable float output widget

do you have a gtk_show_widget() on the label widget? Or a gtk_show_widget_all() on a container widget holding the label?

On 09/10/15 21:04, Roger Matthews wrote:
  To An Interested and Helpfull Person,
                                                                     I would like to show some floating point
and integer numbers which are the results of various calculations on the top-level window alongside other
widgets. These resultant numbers must be non-editable. I've tried this by first converting the numbers to
strings:
char string_anumber[20]; /* As a global variable */
sprintf (string_anumber, "%f", anumber);
subsequent printf() statements show that this converts the number to a string successfully.
Then I try to show the string as a gtk_label (for want of an approprtiate method):
label_string_anumber = gtk_label_new (string_anumber);
gtk_grid_attach (GTK_GRID (grid), label_string_anumber, 0, 0, 1, 1);
This compiles but simply shows nothing at the given grid location. I've also tried: label_string_anumber = g_print ("%s", string_anumber);
gtk_grid_attach (GTK_GRID (grid), label_string_anumber, 0, 0, 1, 1);
and: gtk_grid_attach (GTK_GRID (grid), g_print ("%s", string_anumber), 0, 0, 1, 1); Thanks for reading, considering and responding to this enquiry,
Roger Matthews.