Re: can't get touch-events from touchscreen

Hi all,

I have a PiTFT, a 2.8" capacitive touchscreen for the Raspberry Pi on
raspbian (gtk 3.10.x). It works perfect, except that I only receive button
events, and I fail to receive touch events. Also kinetic scrolling is not
working. What can I do to fix this?

after discussing this with Peter Hutterer (author of lots of Xinput code),
we came to the idea that this might be caused by the fact that this is a
single-touch input device, which do not generate XITouchClass events, but
generate only XIButtonClass and XIValuatorClass events (with types ABS_X
ABS_Y and ABS_PRESSURE).

Is it possible for GTK to detect single-touch devices and enable kinetic
scrolling for them as well?

Olivier