Re: Removing Drag and Drop formatting of drop area in Python/GTK3

      border-width=0px;

This should be a colon not an equals sign
    style_provider.load_from_data(bytes(css.encode()))

.encode already returns a bytes object in Python 3, what version are you
using?

Sorry, in my code it's actually a colon. I've just rechecked it, still
nothing seems to work to remove this black frame around the drop area,
and other CSS settings work . I'm using python 3.4.3 (on debian)