GtkTextView loses selection when using GtkSpinButton

I have a GtkTextView as part of my application along with a GtkSpinButton object to control the font size on
the GtkTextView.

If I make a selection in the text and then click in the entry portion of the spin button and then click the
arrows, everything works fine.

However, if I do not click in the entry portion but directly click on the up or down arrow of the spin
button, nothing happens and I even lose the selection in the GtkTextView.

Is this a known issue and is there a way to overcome this issue? This behavior can confuse users.

-Ferdinand