Re: Getting a Cairo context

I too have been  wondering about something similar. How do you get the
widget's drawable cairo context outside of the draw callback.
Pramathesh

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 15:17 +0300, Sergei Naumov wrote:

Hi!
I am developing a program that has to draw some data using Cairo. The question I have is about getting a
cairo context from outside of the signal "draw" that the examples describe. I have a multithreaded
application where one thread sets up the GTK drawing area, axes, tickmarks, etc. and another thread has to
draw in this area. I attach a function  to a "draw" signal on this GTK widget (drawing area) in one thread,
but what do I do in another?

Thanks in advance,

-- Sergei