Re: Fwd: Gtk3 MacOS (OSX) context menu issues

On 15-03-19 12:13 AM, Konstantin Dmitriev wrote:
Hello!

Hello, Jim!

With the default MacPorts installation of gtk3, one can set XDG_CONFIG_HOME
to /opt/local/share/themes/Default and then include the gtk.css file with
.window-frame,
.window-frame:backdrop {
   box-shadow: none;
   margin: 0;}

in it, in /opt/local/share/themes/Default/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

and the margins will disappear on the popup menu boxes avoiding the
selection problem.  No need to install an alternate theme.
Please excuse the errors in the previous posting.
Thank you very much for providing the workaround! This solves the
problem for my situation, because I can provide modified theme with
the distributive of our software.

Just a wild guess:
It would be interesting to create a custom theme with the following css options:
.window-frame,
.window-frame:backdrop {
   box-shadow: 0 0 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.5)
   margin: 15;
}
...and test it in some other OS (Linux and Windows). Maybe the problem
of "insensitive menu" will appear there as well!
I have been trying to reproduce the same behaviour on my Linux
workstation, but no luck. I can enable the shadow around the context
menu, but the semi-transparent border isn't appears. Probably this
feature doesn't supported by X11 backend. So I can't debug this issue
in Linux.

I think at this point we can submit a bugreport to GTK bugtracker -
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/index.cgi
I guess this would be a better link for bugtracker -
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html&product=gtk%2B
^_^"

Best Regards,
Konstantin
I certainly should have mentioned that my observations were made under the MAC OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) operating system. I too have not been able to observe this problem under Linux (Ubuntu). As Konstantin has pointed out, it does not seem possible to add a margin to the popup menuitem box in Linux to test if the problem would arise. I will try to determine if the problem arises in the XQuartz X11 libraries or in the GTK3 libraries. But the incorrect motion event data seems to point to the X11 libraries on the MAC.

Jim Charlton