Re: borderless MacOS menus (was 'Gtk3 MacOS (OSX) context menu issues')

On Mon, 16 Mar 2016, Jim Charlton wrote:

.menubar {
 border-width: 6px;
 background-color: red;
 border-color: black;
 border-style: solid;
}

Thanks Jim, that tip led to this good-enough-for-now solution:

GtkMenu {
  border-width: 1px;
  border-color: #cccccc;
  border-style: solid;
  box-shadow: inset -1px -1px 2px #777777;
}

GtkMenu is equivalent to .menu as far as I can tell, and both worked for me -- can anyone comment? The .menubar style class does not work as these are popup menus, not menubars. (Curiously, .popup does not work, which would seem to apply according to the GtkStyleContext man page.)

My earlier attempt with

* {

did not work because I wasn't specifying the correct property entries. (border-width and border-style are key, I was incorrectly using margin before.)

Box shadows seem totally unattainable on my MacOS system if I do not use the optional (!?!) 'inset' specifier. I actually do not want an inset shadow (I want outset?) but the above specification creates a shadow that's subtle enough that you can't easily tell the difference.

Many minor gtk3 style inconsistencies remain between my MacOS and CentOS 7 boxes, but I think for now I've whacked all that exceed my personal hideousity threshold.

Thanks!

Roger