Fwd: Fwd: Gtk3 MacOS (OSX) context menu issues

Sorry, forgot to forward my previous message into mailing list. ^__^

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Konstantin Dmitriev <ksee zelgadis gmail com>
Date: 2015-03-15 22:32 GMT+06:00
Subject: Re: Fwd: Gtk3 MacOS (OSX) context menu issues
To: Jim Charlton <charltn gmail com>

Hello, Jim!

With the default MacPorts installation of gtk3, one can set XDG_CONFIG_HOME
to /opt/local/share/themes/Default and then include the gtk.css file with
.window-frame,
.window-frame:backdrop {
  box-shadow: none;
  margin: 0;}

in it, in /opt/local/share/themes/Default/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

and the margins will disappear on the popup menu boxes avoiding the
selection problem.  No need to install an alternate theme.
Please excuse the errors in the previous posting.

Thank you very much for providing the workaround! This solves the
problem for my situation, because I can provide modified theme with
the distributive of our software.

Just a wild guess:
It would be interesting to create a custom theme with the following css options:
.window-frame,
.window-frame:backdrop {
  box-shadow: 0 0 10px rgba(0,0,0,0.5)
  margin: 15;
}
...and test it in some other OS (Linux and Windows). Maybe the problem
of "insensitive menu" will appear there as well!

Best Regards,
K.